One of the best ways to get connected and grow spiritually at Immanuel Community Church is through our Community Groups, which meet regularly at members’ homes. During Community Group gatherings members study Bible passages based on sermons preached recently during Sunday worship services. These gatherings provide members with an opportunity to share their lives with one another and pray for each other, spurring one another on to spiritual growth by applying God’s Word into their lives. In addition to these Bible The Community Groups vary in terms of the life stages of the members. They also differ in their meeting schedules. The “split groups” have chosen to have men and women meet on separate, alternating weeks so that one spouse is available to stay at home and provide childcare while the other is freed to attend the Bible study. “Joint groups” have opted to have families meet altogether on a weekly basis, often with parents taking turns watching the children during the Bible studies. “Hybrid groups” rotate between split and joint.
• Bartlett: joint; empty nesters
• Elgin: joint; empty nesters
• Hoffman Estates 1: joint; families with children, singles
• Hoffman Estates 2: split; families with children, couples, singles
• Northbrook/Skokie: hybrid; families with children, couples, singles
• Schaumburg: hybrid; families with children, couples, singles
• Wheeling: split; families with children, couples, singles
Click here if you would like to join one of our Community Groups. Pastor Reggie Ramos will contact you to help you decide which Community Group would be the best fit for you.